Set Up the WhatsApp Group Complete
In 2020, everyone uses the application to communicate with colleagues, family or other relations. One of the most popular applications for communication today is WhatsApp. This application for exchanging information, it’s is free and very easy to use, even for people who are first using it. On this occasion, I will give a tutorial on how to set up the WhatsApp group complete.
In the WhatsApp application, you can send pictures, files, and stickers. Even now you can make stickers from your own photos. Want to know how to make whatsapp stickers, read this article.
Create Whatsapp Group
How to create a new whatsapp group? Follow the steps below.
- Open your WhatsApp.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner of your phone screen (1) and select New group (2). See pictures to be clearer.
- Add your friends (3) to the group that you will create. So before creating a group name, WhatsApp asks you to choose several participants who will be members of the group. Choose at least 1 participant who will be a member of your WhatsApp group. For example, I choose Jhon as a group participant. You can see in the picture below. You can cancel John’s membership by clicking the cross on Jhon’s name.
- After you select a group member, click the green button in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Next step, type the group name (4) as you need and then click the green button on your mobile phone screen. For example, I create a HowCreateIt.com WhatsApp group. The maximum name of the WhatsApp group is 25 characters, letters, numbers, and other characters.
- Now your WhatsApp group is ready to use.
- From the picture above we know the:
- The name of the group: HowCreateIt.com
- Member: You as Administrator and Jhon as member
- The group icon is empty, we will change later
Add Contact to Whatsapp Group
There are two ways to add a member to the whatsapp group:
1. Add Contact via Link
To add the contact to the WhatsApp group, you must be admin. If you admin now, to add contact follow these steps:
- Open the group that you just created. For example, I will use the HowCreateIt.com group. Tap the group name to open it. See the picture below, tap on the red square to open your WhatsApp group.
- After your WhatsApp group opened, now tab the group name on the top of your screen.
- After you tap the group name, now scroll down and then find and tap the Invite via link menu. For detail see the picture below.
- Then the Invite link option appears on your handphone screen. There are four options that you can choose.
- Send link via WhatsApp: the invite link will send via WhatsApp. You can send to others group or directly to your friends.
- Copy link: Copy the link to your clipboard and you can paste anywhere you want. You can paste on your Facebook or your Instagram account. You can add your WhatsApp group link to your website.
- Share link: Share the Invite link via email, Facebook, Telegram or other your social media account.
- Revoke link: Use it to remove the link authentication.
- For example, tap the Send link via WhatsApp. Then select the contact that will be included in your group. You can add contacts to the WhatsApp group for up to 256 contacts.
2. Add Contact to Whatsapp Group via Directly Invite by Admin
- To add a contact to WhatsApp via directly inviting you can do the same steps 1 and 2. On step number 3, tap the plus icon and person on right top your screen.
- Then now you select the contact that will be invited to your group.
How to Add my Whatsapp Group Link to Website
- To add your WhatsApp group link to your website, on step number 4 Copy link to your clipboard. To copy the link just tap that link.
- Go to your website and paste the link to your website. You can add your WhatsApp group link on your widget. For example, I will add the WhatsApp group link to my Blogspot.
- In the picture above, I create a WhatsApp link with text. The text is My WhatsApp Group.
- You can add the link of your WhatsApp group to your own website.
Add Group Description Whatsapp
You need to add a group description, so all group members know the purpose of the group.
- Tap your group name, see steps number 2 below (the same as above).
- Tap Add group description.
- Then type the group description as you need.
- Then click the OK button on the bottom of your screen.
How to Add Group Icon in Whatsapp
To make the group more beautiful, add an icon to your group. Here are the steps.
- Tap group name.
- Then tap on the center of the picture or center of the group name. For detail please the picture below.
- After you tap the red square area, then you must select the source of the icon. There is 3 option:
- Search Web
- For Example, select the icon from your gallery. Select the image from your handphone. After you select the image, you can crop your image as you want. You can rotate the icon also.
- This is my new group icon after I change the image. You can change your WhatsApp group icon with your own photo.
That’s all the tutorial about setting up the WhatsApp group complete. Hope this tutorial can help you and many others all over the world.