How to Blur Something in a Picture
This tutorial about blur something in a picture in GIMP. When you make an article or tutorial, sometimes there are parts of the picture that must be kept secret. The confidential data that must be kept confidential can be: bank account number, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number and others. The way to keep the part of the image that you are going to publish is by making it blurry.
Secret data that published to the public can have a bad impact and can be misused by irresponsible people. This is the reason why the part of the picture must be blurred. Example: when you make an article about using a credit card with a screenshot, it is possible your credit card number will be visible. The credit card number that appears on the screenshot, better to blurry.
Why Blur Something in a Photo is Important
Now, there are many frauds around us. Fraud can happen to family, relatives, friends, even ourselves. Therefore important and confidential data must be hidden. One example of how to hide data is by making it blurry.
The cause of fraud is the exposure of important data on the internet. A fraudster uses your data that he sees on the internet. Maybe you accidentally showed your credit card number when making an article or other activities. My advice, make photos that have sensitive data to blur.
Step by Step Blur Something in a Picture
The following is step by step to make the part of the photo blur. I use GIMP to make it blurry.
1. Open your Gimp
2. Open the image that will be blurred
- Click File
- Click Open
- Select the image that will be blurred
- Click Openwhich is located in the lower right
3. Select the part of the image to blur
I will make a blur on the word email.
- Select the Rectangle Select Tool, located at the top right. Look at the picture.
- Choose the word email by clicking and dragging from the top left to the bottom right of the email word. Look at the picture.
4. Select one type of blur method
- Click Filters
- Click Blur
- Choose Gaussian Blur
- For more detail look at the image below:
Gaussian Blur is one type of blurry method.
- Then the Gaussian Blur window will appear
- Set the value of Size X and Size Y
5. Set the value of Size X and Size Y on Blur Gaussian Type
- Example setting Size X: 2 and Size Y: 0
- Example setting Size X: 6 and Size Y: 0
You can Blur Something in a Picture that you want.