How to Create a Website for Free and Easily
Nowadays, having a website is a necessity. Especially if you have a business that needs to be promoted. You can create websites easily and quickly. But, How to Create a Website for Free? In this tutorial, I will give step-by-step on how to create a website. Of course, a free website.
Your website will look professional if there is a logo. You can create a logo for your website. If you want to create a logo, please read the How to Create a Logo tutorial. After your website is online, the next step is to bring visitors to your website. I have made a tutorial on how to Drive Traffic to Your Website. Without traffic, your website is nothing.
Step on How to Create a Website for Free
You can create a website for free at Wix.com. You can choose hundreds of themes to suit your needs.
Make a Free Website
These are the steps to create a website.
- Open https://www.wix.com/
- Click Sign In in the top right corner of your screen.
- If you are new to Wix, then you must Sign Up. There are two other options, go on with a Facebook account or Google Account.
- Click the Create New Site button.
- Then a number of theme options will appear. Choose a theme that suits your needs. I chose the Blog theme for this tutorial. You can choose according to your needs.
- Then two choices will appear.
- Let Wix ADI Create a Website for You
- Create Your Website with the Wix Editor
Let Wix ADI Create a Website for You
Answer a few questions and automatically get a website designed just for you in minutes
- Please click the Start Now button.
- The first question: What type of site do you want to create? Please answer all questions according to your business needs. Then click Next. The options are:
- Fashion Blog
- News Blog
- Health Blog
- Business Blog
- Then a feature selection will appear. For example, I select all features and then click Next.
- Next, name your blog. Fill in according to your business. For example, I wrote How to Create It as the name of the blog. Click Next.
- In the import content option, just click Next.
- Then Review and edit your info. You can add a logo, email, address, telephone number, fax, and social account. Click the Next button.
- Pick a theme you like. Then click Continue. I choose the Luxury theme.
- Pick your favorite homepage design.
- Hover on one of the favorite homepages, then click Use This Design.
- Wait a few moments, about 3 minutes, your website has been created.
Create Your Website with the Wix Editor
Start with a template and make it your own, with easy drag and drop & 1000s of design features.
- Click Choose Template button. Wix provides lots of templates that you use for free. Choose a website template that best suits your needs. You can choose a website template by category. For Blog template categories, there are subcategories: Personal blog, Food & Travel and more.
- Navigate to the website template you want, then click Edit.
- You can add, change parts of the website according to your needs. You can add text, images, gallery, vector art, buttons, videos, music, menus and much more.
- Once you are satisfied with the look of your website, click the Publish button on the top right of the screen.
- Choose a domain before you publish it. Domain names should contain words about your business. For example, if you sell books, your domain name is BestBook. Or other phrases that contain the word book.
- Then click Save & Continue button and click Publish Now.
- Now your website has been created. Now you can view your free website on Wix by clicking the View Site button.
Write the First Article on Your Website
You have successfully created a website for free. The next step is to create content on the website with articles that help others. If your business is about selling books, upload the books that you sell to your website. How do you upload content on your website?.
- Open Wix.com in your browser.
- When you open Wix.com, you will be presented with a website that you have created. Click on the website that you want to upload content.
- Then you click the Write Post button.
- Then create a title and content to upload. You can add photos, videos, and text to your website. Then you can sort your website content into several categories. You can link to other content on your website. With links to other content, your website’s SEO can improve. For articles about links, please read Internal Linking SEO.
- Then click the Publish button.
To optimize the performance of your website, please read Optimize Your Site’s Performance. You can make a kind of survey about your website. The survey can contain questions to website visitors about your website’s performance. You can read the article How to Create a Survey in Google Docs and then post it on your website. Example survey questions: how well do this website look, loading speed, and others.
That’s a tutorial on How to Make a Website for Free. Hopefully after reading this tutorial, you can create your own website. If you have questions, please write in the comments column.